You are reading a single comment by @Robin and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • @user71255 were you wearing the watch on your wrist or did you hold up to the open sky for a bit? Not trolling, wondering if the gps receiver works under a jacket sleeve or does it need line clear line of sight. I held it against the train-window for a couple of minutes just now and it did find a fix. Will try the 'jacket sleeve' experiment tonight when cycling back home.

Having tried to build a Pi+Adafruit GPS module in the past and given up realising it needs line of sight to work (or external antenna), I am very stoked at what Bangle can do :-)

• Tue 2020.01.14

sidebar

'build a Pi+Adafruit GPS module in the past and given up realising it needs line of sight to work (or external antenna)'

FYI - non-Bangle - I used the inexpensive Ublox NEO-6M GPS Module and was able to get a minimum of five, usually eight satellite fixes in under a minute, when indoors fifteen feet from sliding patio door. No line of sight. Used their antenna - see images at page bottom

Programming the Ublox NEO-6M GPS configuration

• Cool... I wonder how much difference the Antenna makes... I still have the Adafruit GPS unit around... need to get myself an antenna.

In the meantime, totally enjoying Bangle's GPS capabilities.

About