You are reading a single comment by @Robin and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I've tried it about 10 times (on charge and not) and still nothing.

I've noticed the LED only flashes (fast and regularly) when it's on charge, and when I start pressing any buttons the flashing becomes very erratic. When I disconnect the charger it turns off completely.

The screen never turns on whether it's charging or not. No errors, no messages, no animations. As it's OLED it could be off or just no data/image I guess.

• Sat 2019.12.28

'I've noticed the LED only flashes (fast and regularly) when it's on charge'

@AlexOwen, while attempting to render the 'Settings' menu, I noticed some parallel observations with what might be going on with your device.

forum thread BTN2 doesn't enable Settings Menu

Had the 'Heart Rate' monitor app been loaded, making use of the detector LEDs on the watch back?

As I needed to re-charge my device, I paid particular attention to the back of the watch, as your indication is that the LEDs flash. In my particular situation, the LEDs never flashed, but then again, I never loaded the 'Heart Rate' app nor I have I been successful at loading other apps.

However, as the LED has enough intensity to illuminate, the battery must be in the process of charging.

While attempting to learn how to render the 'Settings' menu, I was able to duplicate at least a half dozen times, the same no viewable display situation as in your case. The only recovery means, was to use the suggestion as outlined in #4 post. Mentally count, as the display never illuminated for me either, until a successful 'reboot' sequence occurs.

While I am unable to speak for other PC OS's, for Windows10 the 'apps' web page and the WebIDE have the ability to communicate as indicated in #11 post, despite not being able to see detail on the display. Any luck perfoming that task on your end?

About