You are reading a single comment by @Robin and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Yes, what Robin wrote: check if it's "visible" for your laptop. And try NRF Connect on a phone. IIRC if there is no Espruino JS code, the screen doesn't turn on, and the buttons don't do anything. But you can connect to it with the Web ide / app loader.

Do you have a USB power meter a bench power supply, or a DMM and some USB cable to check the carging current? Mine charges at a fairly constant ~230mA. What do you see? I think the manual say don't connect the charger backwards, don't know whether it has reverse polarity protection. It should be as simple as a schottky diode...

WRT GPS: well, gps lock feels slower compared to my phone, but phones cheat: they "remember" the last GPS location, can guess your location based on mobile cell information, wifi...

• 'whether it has reverse polarity protection. It should be as simple as a schottky diode...'

I would hope the designers of that watch (not associated in anyway to Espruino development) would have had enough sense to add that 0.01 part to protect the unit, when they came up with their magnetic convoluted 'either direction' charging adapter. That design fubar is just asking for trouble.

About