• wifi.at.debug() 

gave me an error. The module looks to have a "debug"
    http://www.espruino.com/modules/ESP8266W­iFi_0v25.js

but wouldn't I call it like:

wifi.debug()

I'll try that when I get home. and yes I have to find a capacitor and place it on there to see if it helps.

ALSO I did measure the 3.3 and ground (using a regular multimeter) and I see it turn on. stay on and when the lights go out it goes down to 0v so it's being killed (or it's shorting)

Please correct me if I don't understand anything hardware wise. I'm just reporting what I see.

• Mon 2019.12.09

'I'm just reporting what I see.'

Yes and thank you Damian. We need exactly that. Imagine what is going through my mind attempting this without seeing/being there? Your responses are concise and complete. I believe we are at a point where most common options have been considered.

The latter image post #14 showed nice clean shiny soldering. I'd still take yet another look with a magnifyer, both bottom and topside to see if there might be a hairline blob between pins. Image not at best angle for me to determine.

Where are the voltage measurements taken? At J3 the 8266 8pin connector?

Presumably there is content on the display. Does the LCD go blank at the same time the 3.3v measurement 8266 power pin goes to 0v?

https://github.com/nearform/nceubadge201­8/blob/master/sch/nodeconf2018_sch.pdf

Damian, does the display go dark along with the 8266 going dead, without any code running reset(1); save(); at all? e.g. Apply power and how long until 0v is detected? Maybe this is what is done in #39, but with code running?

@Gordon, what are the chances the mfg made a substitution for the regulator, such as using the original Pixl one? and, . . . could this be going into shut down on an over current condition?

As resistors are (in case being too aggressive smokes one or more) inexpensive, time to start hanging different loads on in order to determine what the regulator actually puts out before voltage droops? (hunch that when 8266 kicks in WiFi, the regulator is going into an over current condition)

SIDEBAR: Any chance a table of datasheets for the regulators for each of the supported board types could be generated? If time too limited right now, DM the links and I'll create one similar to the Neopixel one to place in the Tutorial section. There has been a dozen or so requests over the last two years for uP pin source (is in STM dtasheet) and whether Neopixels can be powered off the board. Never have found that (regulator) detail on the site.

About