You are reading a single comment by @Tesseract-Developer and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • @Robin - let me clarify, as of post #12 no error is reported on the Send to Espruino, however nothing appears on the NFC reader either. After clicking send in the WebIDE, the following is reported:

Found PUCKJS, 2v04
    Connected to Web Bluetooth, Puck.js xxxx
    No errors in NFCvCard. Minified 2877 bytes to 634 bytes.

So, I presume the original code module from post #1 is working then?

...not that I can confirm using the same NFC Reader app as post #1.

Is the module 'NFCTag.js' also used locally, and physically there as implied in post #12 ?

No. However internally NFCvCard has the require("NFCTag").create(); inside, which per the module documentation should load.

To replicate what I am doing in its entirety, download the NFCvCard.js locally to your modules folder, paste the following code in your editor, and upload.

var tag = require("NFCvCard").create("BEGIN:VCARD\­n"+
                                         "VERSION:2.1\n"+
                                         "N:Doe;John;;Mr.\n"+
                                         "FN:John Doe\n"+
                                         "TEL;WORK;VOICE:(111) 555-1212\n"+
                                         "EMAIL:jondoe@example.com\n"+
                                         "END:VCARD\n");

Once the upload completes, attempt to verify the values with the NFC reader.

• 'has the require("NFCTag").create(); inside, which per the module documentation should load'

The 'NFCTag.js' file is viewable from within a browser, so agreed - should load.

https://www.espruino.com/modules/NFCTag.­js

Does entering dump(); in the WebIDE Left-Hand console panel, display the same functions as in above file? (e.g. was the file actually fetched and parsed?)

Still puzzled on this sentence as I'm not seeing the substitution part in the responses.

' I attempted to simply change the "NFCvCard" to "NFCTag" '

Could this now be bad information perhaps?

About