• If you are on 64 bit Windows the best bet is to install WSL. Windows subsystem for Linux. It's in the Windows shop app.

This gives you an Ubuntu shell window without needing to install Linux in a virtual machine.

Once you are in the shell - do the apt-get to install the build tools as per the Linux instructions. Then you can just a make and build the Linux version of espruino, which you can then run with ./esprunio --telnet

In your ide, you can then connect to localhost:2323 to connect to this install running in Linux on top of Windows.

• '64 bit Windows'

Yes, have that.

Thank you @Wilberforce, that helps in clearing that up. I'm sure others reading along will appreciate that info also. By "In your ide" does this imply a browser of my choice, or is this an IDE that will be available once Ubuntu shell is installed? Is a debugger available, or do we use the Chrome debugger?

The biggest obstacle I see is attempting to traverse the 'C' logic in performing the rounding. I've uncovered these links:

TO BE ADDED SHORTLY - EDIT see post #10 for functions and entry points

BTW: This will be more of a winter project for me, as I really don't want to start meddling with the underlying source. Will also need to re-build my Linux skills along with telnet commands, quite an undertaking. However, as implied by post #4, this has been a tremendous learning experience in the understanding of how complex, just a simple addition instruction truly is under the covers. Most probably don't give a rat's expletive but it has clued me in to the complexity of what you guy's actually do. Thank's for that effort!!

About

Avatar for Wilberforce @Wilberforce started