You are reading a single comment by @DamianMontero and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • ... Moving to ESP8266... I know you've been really helpful on the forum but the forum's 'Official Board' section is there for a purpose. I provide support for users of Official Espruino boards - but I have to run a business and I can't afford to spend my time supporting users of other people's hardware.

The Web IDE uses JSON files to check if there's new firmware, for autocomplete, and when using the graphical editor to figure out which pins are available. I think there's some other stuff but on the whole you can probably live without it.

For official boards there are some tools that will turn your JS file into a hex/bin file for upload and those use addresses defined in there too.

• Gordon. We appreciate VERY much your boards (I have two personally and since I gave one of them to my dad I'm going to get another one)

And we appreciate VERY much your answers and you allowing this board to talk about 8266.

I think it makes a LOT of sense for the json to only have official boards.

Thanks again for your amazing work!

About