You are reading a single comment by @AkosLukacs and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • @allObjects regarding Micropython power consumption & sleep: Maybe you missed, but EPS32 Micropython idling in it's repl did consume less power than the code with sleep (48mA vs 50mA). So it's not the sleep in the code that reduces power consumption significantly. And both was about 1/3 of Espruino's idle power consumption.

In Espruino ESP32 as far as I can tell, all tasks are pinned to the first core. You can make it run single core by setting CONFIG_FREERTOS_UNICORE=y in sdkconfig. And that's supposed to save some power. Tried to build it, but looks like the build just ignored that.
    Must have edited the wrong file, because the build went on just fine, even if I added some garbage to the sdkconfig file. Where is the sdkconfig used by the build?

Moving forward: both Espruino (on other boards) and Micropython does like a dozen checks before going to sleep. That was the point when I quit :)

Oh, and there is this issue in MicroPython that shows a bug with multi-core ISRs, so it's far from trivial...

About

Avatar for AkosLukacs @AkosLukacs started