You are reading a single comment by @indianajones and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Wow, you predate me!

Is that the new 2019's way of being polite? ;-) Yeah, where did that forty years go?

You should see my 45's and album collection and rotary dial corded phone! The Juno-60 still works, along with that micro, but is packed away after my last move. Still play my Fender Rhodes Mark I suitcase piano.

What are your thoughts on creating a WiFi server to solve your issue?

I'm guessing you have the MIDI command set for the audio mixer? Shouldn't be that much of a diversion from the BLE example.

• The target mixer manufacturer (Allen & Heath) published their MIDI spec. It uses NRPN, so minor additional complications, but it's all there.

Re: Wifi server, I don't know yet. Coming from the world of cloud-based software, which is my day job, I think of server as a separate entity with an API and all that. All I need is a listener for MIDI (over TCP) messages from the mixer, and a sender to send the messages. Maybe your definition of server is different from mine. Feel free to expound. I'm checking out the links you provided.

You have a suitcase Rhodes? I'm jealous! Hey you might like my son's music, he's the only kid I know making real music these days - the best of 60's and 70's sound. Check him out: https://open.spotify.com/artist/4ybii90O­fz5HRJyYoTLfiq

• I'm certainly not qualified to provide a definitive answer as I only dabbled with that two years ago, but as it is possible to have the server running on EspruinoWiFi for instance, build and deploy web page content in the browser, listen to button click events and send data back-n-forth using query string name/value pairs, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to perform similar tasks using send and recv functions in the same manner.

I was hoping others with more experience here could help out with links and ideas, but surprised no one has chimed in yet.

Will check out the 'real music' link tomorrow

About