You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Pairing and bonding are forced with the request from the master (AuthReq with the bonding flag set to 0x01) but the Pixl doesn't reply with LESC or MITM as per the NRF.setSecurity configuration. In fact it adheres exactly to the definition just above the links you provide in the bluetooth.c code:

static ble_gap_sec_params_t get_gap_sec_params() {
      ble_gap_sec_params_t sec_param;
      memset(&sec_param, 0, sizeof(ble_gap_sec_params_t));

// Security parameters to be used for all security procedures.
      // All set to 0 beforehand, so
      sec_param.bond           = 1;                     /**< Perform bonding. */
      //sec_param.mitm           = 0;                     /**< Man In The Middle protection not required. */
      //sec_param.lesc           = 0;                     /**< LE Secure Connections not enabled. */
      //sec_param.keypress       = 0;                     /**< Keypress notifications not enabled. */
      sec_param.io_caps        = BLE_GAP_IO_CAPS_NONE;  /**< No I/O capabilities. */
      //sec_param.oob            = 0;                     /**< Out Of Band data not available. */
      sec_param.min_key_size   = 7;                     /**< Minimum encryption key size. */
      sec_param.max_key_size   = 16; 

This is the exact configuration proposed by the Pixl to the central as seen in the trace.

I haven't got a build environment set up - any chance you could supply a build with the following parameter definitions for me to test in case it's the update process that isn't working?

static ble_gap_sec_params_t get_gap_sec_params() {
      ble_gap_sec_params_t sec_param;
      memset(&sec_param, 0, sizeof(ble_gap_sec_params_t));

// Security parameters to be used for all security procedures.
      // All set to 0 beforehand, so
      sec_param.bond           = 1;                     /**< Perform bonding. */
      sec_param.mitm           = 1;                     /**< Man In The Middle protection required. */
      sec_param.lesc           = 1;                     /**< LE Secure Connections enabled. */
      //sec_param.keypress       = 0;                     /**< Keypress notifications not enabled. */
      sec_param.io_caps        = BLE_GAP_IO_CAPS_NONE;  /**< No I/O capabilities. */
      //sec_param.oob            = 0;                     /**< Out Of Band data not available. */
      sec_param.min_key_size   = 7;                     /**< Minimum encryption key size. */
      sec_param.max_key_size   = 16; 

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started