You are reading a single comment by @Vlad and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi there,

I've read this great article, but I does not answer my question on how to make sure that your peripheral device require a secure connection (bonded/encrypted) while a central node connects to it and writes some data to its characteristic?

As far as I understand, the espruino API allows you to do something similar when your device acts as a central device, e.g. it can initiate bonding process etc. But how do I do similar thing for a peripheral device?

Essentially I want to protect some characteristics that are "writable". For example, let's say I've got a relay hooked up to nrf51822 module that is controlled by a characteristic. How do I make sure that only encrypted links can update that characteristic?

As far as I understand, Nordic API provides some mechanism to do so, e.g. you can mark some characteristics with some security flags that would prevent you to write into it if your link is not secure enough: https://os.mbed.com/forum/team-63-Blueto­oth-Low-Energy-community/topic/5661/

About