• Btw, if I would be more experienced in the use await, async function and Promise - the code could be a bit more in-line... The solution I sketched was the crowbar way and way before Promise existed.

At the Chrome Dev Summit 2018 in SF mid Nov I noticed the await in conjunction with JS in the browser driving a Midi interface; see The Web-Connected MIDI Trumpet Robot from Uri Shaked - Uri also on Espruino forum w/ @urish.

At one time, the project used a Pixle in an enclosed, pressurized container controlling the compressor over BLE to drive the trumpet via latex lips... see youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti­nue=1&v=9hOYcU34KMs taken from We tried to build a Robot that plays the Trumpet and Happily Failed. But unfortunately, it was not reliable enough, and the solution as described in the link was used: focus a speaker to the mouth piece and use the tropet w/ correct fingering as a resonating transmission media/tube...)

I do not know about the implementation of await in Espruino. It would make many things very easy. The loop could then be inline and make the code very readable.

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started