• @DrAzzy, thanks for chiming in...

For me, all things where you use some Arduino like implementation in your projects are satellites to the Espruino, and you use these satellites to handle extreme time sensitive things, such as with the 433mHz RF connection to handle the individual bits and communicate with Espruino after the work is done on Byte or even String level. That's where I would put the focus on why to use Arduino. One could do these things too on Espruino, but it would have to be part of the firmware - in C/C++ - or at least compiled JS.

Yeah, LDRs are slow... the question is how long the ball stays in there. Sensing mechanical things and creating an electrical signal varies greatly. With steel balls, hall sensor and permanent magnet would work as well. Even plain metal contacts - like two whiskers - can be used because the setWatch provides debounce technology. Whiskers are then much simpler to handle.

I dug up my supplementary stuff from Espruino PICO Kickstarter reward which includes Neopixel LEDs and I'm about to post about the prototype of the play board... so stay tuned...

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started