• :) Yeah... it's a shame about the lack of interest. I wonder whether some of it is that people just don't do that much protoboard stuff now since most of the exciting stuff is SMD - you just get a pre-made sensor/etc board and wire it up.

• So what if all the good stuff is SMD? These boards have SOIC and (T)SSOP outline, and stack with my 2x4 SMD protoboards for even more part options! Someone needs to drill into people's heads that SMD soldering really isn't hard! I'd pick soldering a SOIC package over a DIP one any day, even working by hand... but most hobbyists act like SMD soldering is kryptonite.

• Fri 2018.08.24

As @the1laz also brings up some very accurate and poignant observations, and . . . .

re: 'Someone needs to drill into people's heads that SMD soldering really isn't hard!'

Here's your answer:

re: 'I'd pick soldering a SOIC package over a DIP one any day'

As you are pushing your product and disappointed with those results, then it appears that Someone is you.

Why not produce a YouTube video demonstrating the ease of soldering on your boards as you indicate?

About

Avatar for DrAzzy @DrAzzy started