• Flashing also erases uploaded code that has been saved (erase may not be the exact fact, but the pointers to the saved code are gone or the state that there is saved code is reset). Once saved code, there is always saved code... even uploading an empty editor (which is the method I use to remove saved code). The startup log entries are different: mentioning the execution of saved code is absent after flashing, and present after upload.

May be there is another way to remove the information about saved code than (re)flashing (with same version).

• Sun 2018.08.19

Would someone that is able to flash an Espruino device without interrupting their current project be so kind as to provide a sanity check for me please.

There appears to be some confusion from what appears to be opposing statements #10 @allObjects:

re: Flashing also erases uploaded code that has been saved

and

re: Once saved code, there is always saved code

When I flash a Pico on a Win10 PC via the native IDE Settings >> Flasher >> Flash Firmware, every other Tuesday, when the wind is from the NW, skies partly cloudy, facing due East at precisely 07:01 pm CST, after a walk, but before having something to eat, disconnect, re-connect and
    type 'dump()' in the Left-hand terminal window pane of the IDE, Javascript statements appear, although not orderly and possibly garbled.

http://www.espruino.com/Reference#l__glo­bal_dump

My observations of present code contradict the two statements above. Could this garbled detail be from the IDE memory space and not the Pico? (no)

This makes sense:

re: but the pointers . . . . are gone

Did I mis-understand the point in #10 above, or should I do this on a Thursday instead?

About