Espruino command-line tool

Posted on
Page
of 2
Prev
/ 2
  • Yes I'm on OSX.
    The issue I raised on gitHub is also a solution for the this problem.
    I got around to forking espruino/Espruino (as dmcnaugh) and have successfully built an image that implements the escape character fix, and I'm not having this issue now. The root cause appears to be that different terminals handle non-printable/non-ascii characters differently, so if you don't send them non-printable/non-ascii characters, then you don't get the problem.

• Actually this exists already, it just needs turning on by setting the correct config options...

Thanks Gordon, seems I have not found it in the documentation I scanned so far.
    Can you give me a hint where I can find info about this config options for the command-line tool?

• @Snerkle - yes, I'll get that fix in. What was Espruino printing that was causing characters to get lost?

Can you give me a hint where I can find info about this config options for the command-line tool?

The tool would need changing. For example a config option is set up here for Baud rate.

All you need it Espruino.Config.SET_TIME_ON_WRITE = true

• What was Espruino printing that was causing characters to get lost?

Actually it was the string for the espruino favicon you provided in the http server example titled Favourite Icon on WebServer

If you load that code onto the espruino and then do a dump(); then the long string of the favicon variable is not displayed as it is entered (where all non-ascii values are escaped), instead non-ascii values are displayed as 8-bit (unicode UTF-8 I assume) characters.

• Hi @Gordon,

With 1v96 version of the PUCKJS firmware I was able to do following:
    1) Produce hex file from the java script
    2) Merge the firmware hex with the hex file from above

Once the hex file from 2) was uploaded I had a firmware with uploaded code from 1)

This is not possible with PUCKJS firmware 1v99.50 version, is there any reason for that ?

• Yes - around version 1v99 Espruino changed the way code is stored so it uses a mini filesystem, allowing you access to store your own data as well using require('Storage').

However if you update the command-line tools to the latest version then they'll produce hex files in the new format.

• Hi @Gordon,

Where can we find 'Storage' module ? Any examples using it ?

• http://www.espruino.com/Reference#StoragĀ­e - or use the Espruino site's search box :)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Espruino command-line tool

Posted by Avatar for Gordon @Gordon

Actions