Something based on nRF91?

Posted on
  • Found this interesting tidbit in a thread some months back:

Just to add, there's some very cool Nordic stuff just around the corner that I may well end up doing something with too. I think there's a good likelihood that LTE-M will roll out across a whole bunch of countries very quickly.

I've been secretly hoping for an Espruino board based on nRF91, so if this happens I'd be first in line to buy a few!

I know nRF91 is not production ready yet, but planned to be released later this year if I'm not mistaken. Is it still something you're just considering, or do you have concrete plans for doing something with it?

LTE M/NB-IoT is being rolled out at the end of the year here in Norway, which is nicely timed with the release of nRF91. Safe to say, I'd be very interested in an Espruino product with nRF91 some time thereafter :)

Just let me know if there's anything I can do to help, or if you're interested in hearing what I'm looking for in an LTE M/NB-IoT solution like this.

• I don't have concrete plans for nRF91, but it does look like a really cool device. I think it'll depend a bit on how expensive they are, but if the porting isn't too painful and I can make something sensibly priced with them I think it could be quite popular.

I'm getting on well with Nordic at the moment and I think at least some of the folks there are very interested in getting Espruino on nRF91 as well, so hopefully something will happen - even if it's a port to a Nordic developer device.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Something based on nRF91?

Posted by Avatar for Joakim @Joakim

Actions