You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Which build did you use? I thought all the builds used RELEASE=1 which disabled those assertions. That's why you're not seeing it on other devices - there's no check on them.

If the ESP32 build has assertions still in that'd explain why someone was complaining about the execution speed - it'd probably bump it up by a factor of 2 removing them.

Also, can you provide a simple bit of code that shows this happening so I can see what's going on? Having >15 locks means you've got over 15 bits of code on the stack trying to access the same variable - which honestly seems a big much.

The locks are stored in an enum with a bunch of other stuff. Doubling the number uses another bit. Afaik there are only 2 bits left, which were slated to be used for const and enumerable - so if I can avoid increasing it I'd like to (plus on low memory builds those 2 bits are used for something else entirely).

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started