• Wow, thanks for this - that's an awesome bit of work!

As far as I know you're the first person that's used E.asm for serious work. Just wondering:

• Which instructions did you try that weren't there - strh/ldrh? any others I should add?
    • Now there's support for multiline 'templated' strings, I could support that in the IDE, which would probably make using the assembler a lot more pleasant.

Also, I just added ~ to the compiler, and fixed another issue (it wasn't inlining the peek/poke because it wasn't sure the address was an integer).

You initial code:

function rclr2(addr,mask){    
      "compiled";
      poke32( addr, peek32(addr) & ~mask);
    }

Should be much better now. However it's not perfect because the argument still comes in as a JsVar and has to be converted in the code each time it's used.

This one's very slightly better, but again not great.

function rclr2(addr,mask){    
      "compiled";
      var a = 0|addr;
      poke32( a, peek32(a) & ~mask);
    }

Honestly if you're happy with writing Assembler then that's definitely best :)

• ufff - "compiled" is damn fast now. same benchmark as before, but now compiled is even 4ms (~2%) faster than my asm function! seems you implemented some quantum technology ;)

FYI: the a=0|addr does not improve anything (but when beeing faster than asm, thats ok ;)

About