• Hi @MaBe

Later today I hope to do the flash batch files for the 512K, 4M esp8266 chips and the ESP32
    Obviously the files can be edited which I invite someone with better knowledge to suggest.
    I run the batch files from Windows Explorer by double clicking on them. You can also make shortcuts and use those as well. Opening the Command window, changing directories and entering the batch file name works as well.

It would be nice to read the flash info from the chip and parse it to supply the suggested flashing batch file to use. That's what the readme file contains. Seems that the 8266 chips have a separate flash chip. Using a magnifying glass one can sometimes read the part number. Relevant information is the SPI mode, size and speed. These need to be in the flash command.
    A lower 40 flash speed seems to work for all, but there is an 80 speed.

The 8266 chips also have a processor crystal speed. Choose the wrong speed in the flash command and the baud rates will change.

Let's see how this idea flies before suggesting they be included in the Espruino download.

About