• @n00b, it ws an interesting experiment, since I had other things going on with 595s (post #8, Bubble Displays) within conversation about ShiftOut question for Hannio flipDot Display. My take-away for my Bubble Display is @Gordon's way of scanning...

You get 8 colors out of your display, but you have to do color separate scans (which of course consumes even more processing power on top of extra processing power to support the weird color bundled wiring).

To compensate for the missing brightness, you would have to let rows hang out longer, or vary the voltage for the various colors... (may be that was the original idea to bundle by color than by pixel to feed the 595s differently... but it did never made it, because you would need two power inputs or some smartness on the board (at least passive / resistors), but I can see nothing of it... sorry for your investment.

Heavy time multiplexing on interpreter level is anyway not the best... and timing (and brightness) is a bit unpredictable when other things are going on.

See you, @n00b, on other occasions.

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started