• I'm on the same path. Trying to figure out to get nodemcu esp8266 running Espruino. I've had no luck. Something I wasn't aware of when I bought mine was that there are many versions of the esp8266.

Can you give us some more details of exactly which board you have?

Here's what I purchased:
    HiLetgo New Version ESP8266 NodeMCU LUA CP2102 ESP-12E
    *The one I bought has "Amica" written underneath

In particular, the '12E' part is a different model than many other users on this forum seem to have had success with. Secondly, all of the tutorials I've ran through mentioned needing to set the baud rate to 115200 (my board literally has 'set baud rate to 9600' stamp on the underside), but I believe we're still supposed to set baud rate to 115200 (someone please correct me if this is in error). I've also tried the ThingsSDK tutorial to no avail.

My experience:
    Flashing the device seems to work flawlessly, getting it to display anything but unintelligible character strings with screen --port /dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART --baud 115200 has not be successful. Espruino Web IDE allows me to connect when baud rate is set to 115200 however, the console is unresponsive (no text or commands are respected when trying to type into the terminal window). When I open the Web IDE settings menu and click console, the log shown there says that it connect and got a prompt, but also says that it ... just got "" response from it. This suggests that the boot_v1.6.bin file does not load correctly. I mentioned in an earlier post 9 months ago @MaBe said we should switch out boot_v1.6.bin for boot_v1.5.bin. I've yet to find a copy of it in the archived files though :(

Let me know if you figure it out!

About

Avatar for swaroop @swaroop started