Puck JS - Advertising Beacons/Analytics Platform

Posted on
  • Hi,

We wish to now get involved in what seems to be an extremely good way of "Advertising Products/Events etc etc" using Beacons.

We have bought http://beacon.ph and are now developing the web site and the Beacon PaD. However before we start activity marketing our company Beacon.ph and buying the 100's and long term 1000's of Beacons (Of which we have not yet decided which is the best Beacon for what we want to do) I have the following questions, of which I hope the Puck JS can do the best job at doing.

1) The Puck JS Beacon's short URL advertising signal can it be triggered On/Off by an external sensor, such as a motion sensor, proximity sensor etc etc. If so how hard will it be to write the code for it?

Answer Please:

2) Can the Beacon's short URL advertising message be updated/changed via web site anywhere in the world at anytime etc, or do we need to bring the Puck JS back to the office to change the message each time/day etc. Can an end user also change it if they want very easily via the web or an App for example?

Answer Please:

3) Can we give to customers who rent/buy our Beacons stats back showing them how well or how bad their Beacon advertising message is working? i.e the interaction that a customer has once the Beacon is within range, number of clicks on their message etc etc, this is very important to customers to know. i.e Analytics Platform?

Please Answer:

Many thanks - Jonathan

• ...I'm sure you are aware of this The Physical Web as outlined there.

Sensors are an option... catching the device's presence by their RF radiation...

• Thanks for feedback

• how hard will it be to write the code for it?

It depends on the sensor, but it should be pretty easy. For instance there's an example in the Making Things Smart book that changes the URL when a door is opened: https://github.com/espruino/making-thing­s-smart/blob/master/experiment35.js

95% of that code is for the sensor, with a single line (require("ble_eddystone").advertise("goo.­gl/D8sjLK#"+doorOpenings);) for the beacon.

2) Can the Beacon's short URL advertising message be updated/changed via web site anywhere in the world at anytime etc, or do we need to bring the Puck JS back to the office to change the message each time/day etc.

Yes and no - you could advertise a link that goes to a website that you control that redirects elsewhere. Since Puck.js has no internet connection you can't reprogram it remotely though - have a bit of a read through other tutorials about beacons online for a bit of background.

Can an end user also change it if they want very easily via the web or an App for example?

They could use a web app to reprogram it, yes. You could even make your own Web Bluetooth website that would do it.

3) Can we give to customers who rent/buy our Beacons stats back showing them how well or how bad their Beacon advertising message is working?

This is general beacon stuff - but in the most basic form you could use the goo.gl URL forwarder, and that can provide you with some stats about usage.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Puck JS - Advertising Beacons/Analytics Platform

Posted by Avatar for Jonathan_Mallinson @Jonathan_Mallinson

Actions