• You are asking a lot... Yes, GPSs are pretty accurate... but you may need multiple readings and that takes some time... moving things around 'quickly' will not give you much time to have a series of values from the same spot. 30m is already quite a distance for a plain Wifi, and with +/-2m GPS accuracy, this will give you for 30m +/-7%. On a distance of 15m, this then becomes +/-14% (roughly). I do not know what you want to do nor the exact circumstances, such as: do you have line of sight? What are the obstacles? Do you have free sky access? - but that is not a very efficient way to measure distance.

A while back I did some GPS stuff - DIY Marine GPS using enhanced GPS Module, u-blox NEO-6M GPS receiver, and ILI9341 Module controlled 2.8" Color TFT LCD. As you can see from the attached pics, I validated the setup in the car, and made also some comparisons what Google map would tell me about where I was with my device. I can not exactly remember the GPS accuracy, but I think it was not down to 2m.

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started