• Can you not just overwrite the files in the blockly folder that are served up by the server?

I'm happy to use the latest version, but I don't really understand your point about JSON. You don't have to have JSON to define blocks at the moment, you just do something like this: https://github.com/espruino/EspruinoWebI­DE/blob/gh-pages/blockly/blockly_robot.j­s

In terms of setWatch and other blocks, obviously you can change them yourself, but I want to keep it the same in the main Web IDE as I know there are schools at the moment that have already made teaching materials that use the current layout, and I don't want them to have to redo everything.

As far as adding blocks goes, perhaps you could look at the possibility of just referencing a JS URL that contains the extra blocks? That way people could use it on any IDE - not just the server-based one.

For instance, a teacher could set every computer to get the extra blocks off a GitHub URL - and before each lesson could change what was in that GitHub repo - automatically changing the blocks that appeared on every child's computer.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started