• Hi!
    I'd want to change Blockly version to last one - it has many useful features (and it have much better translation to Russian, I've already backported it to current espruino-server).
    last Blockly version have good interface to design custom blocks. It is critical feature to use espruino for children to study programming. I want to implement few custom blocks to control devices before each lesson.
    Also I am going to change some Espruino blocks (like setWatch) to make it looks more usual, like event processing blocks in Scratch and Blockly games.
    One problem is that last Blockly stores some data in JSON files instead of JS.
    Second one is that there is no easy-to-use build system to integrate these Blocky changes to espruino-server.

My goal is to combine/build some environment (boards, tools etc.) to children (my children, but not only) can program some automation and/or easy robots the same way as in Scratch/blockly games/code studio.

JS itself looks to be too hard for small children, while Blockly seems to be very good choice. Even youngest one (less then 4 years old) can solve most of code studio course 2 tasks.

About

Avatar for SergeP @SergeP started