• Sun 2017.03.19

'minification' in settings (the first item) is supposed to say 'No Minification' and I bet it doesn't.

in reference to the brash 'I bet it doesn't' verbage along with verbose specific recommendations in forum post 'Blackjack Secret Card Counter'

Oh nooo! @Gordon you are not giving up on Espruino to explore your new passion of gambling, are you?? ;-)

Kidding aside, it is good to know you were able to duplicate and identify what was going on, and also presume what the cause was, filing the bug report indicating such. Knowledge and experience does go along way, doesn't it.

Although I never intentionally set options under the minification settings, however I did check, but have no explanation for why the option 'Esprima (Offline)' was enabled and not the default as you indicated.

Sun spots, aliens, intruders, the neighbor, late nights coding, mornings without coffee?

Insert sponsor advertisement and marketing hype here

A morning without coffee? Try Espruino brand coffee. Ooooh, I smell additional revenue stream. . . .

Yes you heard it here first, a sample packet of the Espruino blend and mug with every official board purchased!

[Off Soapbox]

It's possible I fiddled with this on the day of installation, and never really put back how I remembered the defaults to be. More likely a window covering the WebIDE was being clicked on, and as Windows has that nasty habit of delaying click recognition, passed the click through to the WebIDE, even though the covering window hadn't been dismissed yet. Can't tell you how many times I've been burned by that anomaly. Note to self: Put Cray XT5 on X-Mas list

Still befuddled with: 1700 * 16 = 27200 bytes I get the simple math.

It's because 12288 is the amount of Flash, but you have more RAM available. At >1024 vars it's 16 bytes a var, so 1700 * 16 = 27200 bytes.

Maybe a better question would have been, why isn't the remainder more in line with a common 2n multiple? When sending code, the internal methods use the 1024 boundary which is 4 0xFF a nice computer number but 27200 seems so clumsy, it doesn't seem to have as nice an explanation. 256*128=32768 is too large and 256*64=16384 too small. 27200 hummmmmmm?

Thank you Gordon, for staying with this until completion. I know this has been a bit drawn out when there is so much else that requires your expertise.

I know others will appreciate your explanation as it gives a good analysis of what is going on under the hood.
    Robin

About