EspruinoIDE and PL2303 USB-TTL converter

Posted on
  • Hello.
    There is few questions about pl2303 and IDE.
    I was successfull flash the firmware to my stm32f103rct6 based board using pl2303 usb converter.
    Set the boot0 to 0 and try to connect the board. And nothing happens. IDE wrote only "Disconnected". I try all baud rates. IDE supports PL2303 converter or i must use the board with other converter? Maybe i make a mistake with flashing?

If IDE support this converter and firmware is ok what i need to do to connect this board wiht IDE?
    Many thanks.

• Whoops...
    I'm stupid and forget about one thing. :)
    I don't need any converter after flashing. I just connect the board directly to the computer and it's work.
    Thank you all :)

• :) Glad you found it!

If you powered the device from an external supply (not USB) then I imagine the Espruino console would move back to serial and you'd be able to use the IDE as you were doing (at 9600 baud)

• @Gordon i have one more question.
    Can i upload Espruino firmware to STM32F103RET6 chip that have 512k ROM.
    Espruino compatible with this chip? How can i use all of this 512k of ROM if it compatible?

• Yes, it should work. Going through the README_* files in GitHub might help.

But basically you just make your own boards/BOARD.py file - and base it in something with a similar chip. IIRC there is already this one: https://github.com/espruino/Espruino/blo­b/master/boards/OLIMEXINO_STM32_RE.py

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

EspruinoIDE and PL2303 USB-TTL converter

Posted by Avatar for PressAnyKey @PressAnyKey

Actions