You are reading a single comment by @OwenBrotherwood and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • The current status of TTN kickstart GW is no known delivery date which means I have to go to plan B: the "standard" Pi / ic880 : ie multi-channel.
    However, the Pi can be termed overkill (opinionated).

So step 1 is get backing for the gw's: 4 to cover https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/communi­ty/silkeborg/ around the hills of the valley that is Silkeborg (history started with water and the production of paper).

step 2 is make one GW with Pi for presence

step 3 is a bit of play and learn (nRF52 (puck.js) instead of Pi) with some tests: limited time as a constraint so that may not happen until more time and extra ic880

step 4 with regard to time constraint, use what I have gotten so far for the other 3 locations (my house is location 1 as it is has height and internet with clear sight over Silkeborg to the other locations)

The Pi has everything, including the kitchen sink and an SD card one has to be careful with in connection with corruption with power loss (solved by R/O SD access). It has IP connectivity (Ethernet and wifi).
    The nRF52 /puck.js does not have IP connectivity "out of the box" so that is a factor that means that there would be a need for an "extra" contra ESP8266 (Gordon has Espruino WiFi: I just have not has an excuse/wish to use it yet).

The answer is, "it depends" I know: is it "play and learn", probably.

(off to a meeting today to see if I can get backing)

About