Chrom 56 and webbluetooth

Posted on
  • I recently updated Chrome from v 55 to 56
    Google Chrome 56.0.2924.76 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit)
    Überarbeitung cc6576b53870d39ddafd3574d951ff36d5f7218e­-refs/branch-heads/2924@{#860}
    Betriebssystem Linux (OpenSuse 42.2)
    JavaScript V8 5.6.326.42

and now I'm not anymore able to connect to the Puck.js
    "SEARCHING .... NO PORTS FOUND"
    And I can also niot find how to enable webbluetooth in the chrome://flags section

Can someone confirm this behaviour? Or give instruction how to solve it.
    Thanks

• I found a change in the experimental flag also on Windows where it still doesn't work. Maybe you have to enable it again?

Http://developers.google.com/web/updates­/2015/07/interact-with-ble-devices-on-th­e-web

• This experimental flag is not anymore available.
    I switched to Chromium. In Chromium the flag can be activated and the Web-IDE works like it should.
    This version is now
    Chromium 55.0.2883.75 (Entwickler-Build) (64-Bit)
    Überarbeitung ea46662d4008c9fcfb8a3ee1933dd2f5e90a9c3b­
    Betriebssystem Linux
    JavaScript V8 5.5.372.29

• From 56 it's no longer experimental -it's a default feature.

• You're having problems using this on Linux? I've been using Chrome 56 on Linux for a while now without issues - however I'm pretty sure you need the experimental flag still needs enabling on Linux, just not on Mac or Android

Info here: http://www.espruino.com/Puck.js+Quick+St­art#linux

It's still there, it just doesn't mention 'Web Bluetooth' any more - it's Experimental Web Platform Features

• @Gordon is right.
    Web Bluetooth is supported by default (no flag) on Mac, Android and Chrome OS.
    On Linux, you need chrome://flags/#enable-experimental-web-­platform-features experimental flag for now.

• Urgh. That's annoying. I did an update on Ubuntu and Web Bluetooth was no longer enabled.

• Yes I've had that. Experimental Web Platform Features will likely fix it though - unless it's overwritten Bluez?

• @Gordon I only had to re-enable that flag and it started working again.

• Great - thanks for letting me know!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Chrom 56 and webbluetooth

Posted by Avatar for user71791 @user71791

Actions