• I think the problem lies in your code: var nfc = require("MFRC522").connect(SPI1, B1/CS/);

B1/CS/ is not a pin, use just B1, (/* .... */ is a comment, with missing stars its not!). Presuming that you really connected Pico Pin B1 to the modules CS pin (probably NSS for your board).

Your code AND schematics would help a lot ;-)

• Thank you Spocki for the quick response. Good eye on the embedded comment, but that wasn't it. I had block commented out an iteration of the tutorial code, and had to remove the stars to allow the block comment to compile. While creating the forum post in a vanilla editor, I missed the commented out part as it wasn't in color. Proofread, proofread.
    Good catch there in any event.

Regarding the code. I'm just using the tutorial as in [2] above: https://www.espruino.com/MFRC522
    Note that docs show only Espruino pinout using B2 and B1 is required for the Pico as explained in [3] above.

Regarding a schematic I thought that page [3] above, explained that well enough but if a pin-to-pin table would help:

RC522   Pico
    1 Vcc      Vdd (3.3v)
    2 RST    -
    3 Gnd     Gnd
    4 MISO   B4
    5 MOSI   B5
    6 Clk       B3
    7 NSS      B1
    8 IRQ      n/c

Not sure if reset should be held in any particular state. Haven't found documentation, yet.

In case it isn't clear, my board (green) mfg is KeyeStudio not the MPN brand (blue) referenced on page [3] available via eBay.

Thank you for your response.
    Robin

About