• There's no accelerometer on board. I was trying to do something to detect speed using the magnetometer, but didn't have a lot of luck. Changes in orientation are easy, speed in a direction not so easy. I'd be interested if other people have had more success with this.

• thx for pointing that out, I am thinking of adding one. Is there an accelerometer that you would recommend based on great APIs that are available on espruino? I think these adxl accelerometers are cheap, but of course even the smallest board adds to the overall size. But this is where the 3d files come in handy, as I can design a bigger enclosure with the same fitting puck in the middle for example.

so, wiht an accelerometer - I would every few ms check for the gravity and if that dramatically decreases, your either in an elevator or falling... any ideas?

• For your use case the magnetometer might be sufficient, given how it is to be worn..

Between set times (so not triggered by sleeping) if there was not much movement from magnetometer that would suggest wearer immobile. So this would pick up people who had fallen, but also those who who were incapacitated for other reasons - asleep, sick, laid up in bed etc etc.

Just a thought.

About

Avatar for hansamann @hansamann started