• I've made a plugin for Rollup that lets you push the resulting code straight to Espruino devices.

Rollup is a module bundler, which takes JS modules (preferably ES modules) and bundles them into one file. While doing so, it employs tree-shaking and static analysis to remove unused code, resulting in a file that contains only the bare minimum. Perfect for Espruino :)

It supports plugins, so you can easily add minification of code, linting, support for CoffeScript – and thankfully, support for CommonJS modules, which is the format of Espruino's modules.

Basically, this allows you to structure your Espruino projects using modern ES modules, and have Rollup bundle it all up and send the resulting code to Espruino in one command.

I've only tested it on Puck.js so far, but it's based on code from EspruinoTools' CLI, so hopefully it works for all supported devices. There's also one more feature I'd like to add, the ability to save after sending.

If this sounds useful, try it out and let me know how it works (or doesn't work) :)

https://www.npmjs.com/package/rollup-plu­gin-espruino

About

Avatar for Joakim @Joakim started