You are reading a single comment by @Eric and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • @Ollie I am with you on your comments and suggestions. It seems there is a lot to do to get the Pucks to be useful to the average maker.

Standalone, Puck to Puck and web IDE it appears to be reasonably stable, but right from the beginning of the Kickstarter project I was hoping for some form of bridge to the real world of IoT via the Internet.

I have so far made good progress with node-red despite it's set-up requirements, but it is still in it's early stages of Puck development / integration. However I have every confidence that these glitches will be ironed out. Hopefully @Gordon will be able to contribute soon on this.

As far as I see it, the main sticking point is in the lack of clear beginners guidelines on how we can communicate data from and to the Puck. Most of my time spent has been in trying to simply understand how to send a few bytes of data in the correct GAT standard. @dklinkman has some interesting posts on data formatting etc and worth checking out.

I was wondering if it would be possible to start a Puck related "How To" guide for sending / broadcasting data using the correct data types and standards? Probably something that should be set up a bit like the Bluetooth SIG has for industry standard communications, but in more friendly to read way.

All this being said, I think the Puck is a great project and will / is becoming an integral part of my currently growing IoT home.

About