• I’m having difficulty connecting a puck to my Windows 7 desktop. I have a Broadcom BCM20702 Bluetooth dongle plugged in and the supplied software installed. Initially I had difficulty “seeing” the puck both via Windows and the Espruino IDE. That might have been due to interference with the wireless mouse and keyboard I have on the same computer. I think I have improved this by putting the Broadcom dongle on the end of a USB extension to physically distance it from the desktop box, but it still isn’t very reliable. Unplugging and replugging the dongle seems to restart things and seems to help.
    I can pair the puck using Windows, but (unsurprisingly) there is no driver and one “Unknown Service” is reported. I “remove” the device and try with the Espruino native IDE (which is titled “ESPRUINO WEB IDE”; perhaps this should be retitled “NATIVE” or similar to differentiate it from the Chrome App one?) When I try to connect the puck through “Web Bluetooth” it often doesn’t find the puck first time. Either replugging the dongle or reinstalling the puck battery both seem to help the puck be seen, but when I try to pair in the IDE I always get the “Connection Failed” message.
    I can connect the puck, and program it, with my Windows 10 laptop and inbuilt Bluetooth. With the lap-top I see the puck listed in the “Select a Port” window and don’t have to go through “Web Bluetooth” – I think I picked up from the forum somewhere that this is significant. Last time I tried this, after experimenting with the desktop set-up, I got the “Connection Failed” message, but reinstalling the puck battery cleared the problem.
    For various reasons I really want to access the puck via my desktop. Can Gordon or anyone suggest how to resolve my various problems? Incidentally, the Broadcom dongle is the second one I have tried. The CSR 4.0 dongle I tried first seemed completely useless and I returned it to the supplier.

About

Avatar for jegsav @jegsav started