You are reading a single comment by @user70843 and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I think you might be at least 5 years out of date with your information.

Java was used in a variety of things but I think you'll find that difficulties in licensing, security issues, a spam-laden installer and a slightly hostile attitude by Oracle, the new owners has really started to crush its usage in new projects.

For instance you used to be able to include Java on a webpage - you really can't even do that now because it's disabled by default.

You might not like it, but JavaScript is on your laptop, phone, TV and any web server with an OS from the last 5 years. In contrast, Java does not come pre-installed on many webservers, phones or laptops.

Basically you might not like JavaScript - that's fine. But I'm not removing a true statement from the website because you have some irrational problem with it.

• I'm not favourizing either technology and I like, or dislike both JavaScript and Java. My point is, that your BD has a Java component. The Bd-j development layer encompasses Java not JavaScript. My Blueray player sports an Oracle Java logo, not a JavaScript logo.
    I'm seem to be quite as irrational as you are.

About

Avatar for user70843 @user70843 started