You are reading a single comment by @DrAzzy and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • When HID is enabled, it is a composite device already... The issue seems to be that Windows still seems to require an 'inf' file for it (much like it does for normal VCP devices). All other OSes (Mac, Linux, Android) seem happy with it as-is. Usually that inf file is in the ST driver pack that you have to install before you start using Espruino - but it only mentions VCP - not the HID stuff at all.

The only solution I'd found to get it working driverless on Windows appeared to be for me to add the option to disable the virtual COM port and have just the HID device - but that means trying to develop HID stuff on Windows would be a nightmare, so it wasn't desperately high priority.

But if you can figure out some way of tweaking the descriptor such that it does actually work then I'd be very happy to include it :)

I guess if you found a VCP+HID composite device that does work without drivers then we could compare the descriptors and see what was different?

• The only solution I'd found to get it working driverless on Windows appeared to be for me to add the option to disable the virtual COM port and have just the HID device - but that means trying to develop HID stuff on Windows would be a nightmare

Do we have a way to get a telnet terminal on a wifi connected Espruino yet? That's a solution (for certain values of solution). Or setConsole and a TTL serial adapter...

About

Avatar for DrAzzy @DrAzzy started