• Howdy all!

I am attempting to build for two discovery boards today, the F3, which seems uncomplicated and the 401C F4, which the F4 Discovery boards seem to have several "flavours".

I was seeing several build strategies, over the years, one involves an Oracle Virtualbox vm, another Amazon cloud EC2 image?

Anyway I downloaded the latest and greatest Espruino from github, typed I hope the correct build instructions but was not able to get a successful build. So my next step would to take a fresh Virtuabox VM, install arm-2013.11-24-arm-none-eabi.bin arm x-compiler (hope that's close enough) and retire off my main build machine to a environ more comfortable/familiar to the Espruino build procedure.

My question is/are does that seem like a good plan, and does the STM32F4 machine build refer to the 401C I'm hoping? I think the F3 should just work once I have the tool chain set up correct.

Best,

Randy

Ps. I wouldn't be above simply flashing a binary file to test. I will try from here, I think the STM32F4 Discovery build is for the '407 not '401C but I will try it. I am still to unravel, exactly what the differences are esp. regarding the on board motion sensors.

http://www.espruino.com/binaries/

• Just a quick update ...

Seems to be a lot of instability in the binaries for the F3, and F4 (401 in my case), however as always the native STM32 Espruino board runs great by comparison. Unless some else has a good experience, I would advise not to wasting you time on foreign builds.

• What kind of instability?

For the F401, you want the build STM32F401CDISCOVERY=1 make - make sure you make clean first if you've been messing around with other boards...

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Stumbling around, building for STM32F3, and F4, 401 Discovery ... might need some help.

Posted by Avatar for Rando @Rando

Actions