Help running espruino on the F401 Nucleo

Posted on
Page
of 3
First Prev
/ 3
  • I'm not quite sure what you want to do, but it might well be easier to use an Espruino Pico and the Arduino Adaptor for it.

But if you're just playing around, feel free - just don't expect it to be easy :) You'll definitely have to do your own builds, and getting USB working is often a complete pain.

• Gordon
    I am just tinkering with "Yun Shield" and a Nucleo board I have lying about. The Yun shield is half the price of the official Yun ($30 vs $60US) and does not tie you to a 328 class chip for your analog IO. The Yun Shield does require a serial port mapped to the official Arduino TX/RX pins to work. For now I took of the links bonding the Nucleo serial port to the STLink USB adapter and installed the ones connecting it to the Arduino header. You can always use fly-wires on the pins to reconnect to the STLink.

Starting with a clean sheet of paper one could pair the Pico with a LinkIt Smart: http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/LinkIt-­Smart-7688-p-2573.html. The LinkIt is $15US and has double the RAM/Flash that the Yun does on the OpenWRT side. That combo of Pico analog IO and an Espruino package that runs on the OpenWRT side could truly be a "Yun killer".

ChrisZ

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Help running espruino on the F401 Nucleo

Posted by Avatar for Rob @Rob

Actions