You are reading a single comment by @ColinP and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hello,

Aaargh! I ordered one and it is the wrong thing!

It looks exactly the same as the one you have - same bracelet, case and charger. However the insides are different. It looks as though it has an LCD screen with a backlight rather than OLED screen and the chip inside is marked CC2541. This could be a TI chip with an 8051 processor, assuming it isn't a clone!

It has "xianwei" and v3 written on the PCB, along with 2015.12.17 which I guess is a surprisingly recent manufacturing date. There is also a swoosh logo on the PCB which reminds me of a certain other sports manufacturer.....

It's really interesting to do a search on alibaba.com for "smart bracelet nrf51822". There appear to be loads of identical looking products from different manufacturers. Some claim to use nrf51822, others a dialog semiconductor part, and I guess this one has a TI part. I'm not sure what it says that there are so many different companies making identical looking but different products. Now how to find the correct one on eBay...

About

Avatar for ColinP @ColinP started