• Hi,
    I've created a javaScript based module that implements decodeURIComponent as it not currently a global function in espruino, although its partner function encodeURIComponent is.

The attached file contains the module code.
    I needed this to help with a larger body of work I have in progress and will share soon.

Is there a chance this could be included as a built-in, global function in a future release of espruino?
    If not, then I'd be happy if it was hosted somewhere in the espruinio ecosystem, or should I just use NPM and tag it for espruino?

1 Attachment

• Great, thanks!

I've just added an issue on GitHub to track this. To actually add it to the Espruino binary it'd have to be written in C, but that shouldn't be too difficult to do.

• Great,
    yes I thought having a working version in javaScript would be a suitable template for the rewrite in C for the espruino source, rather that just asking you to add it without something to work from.

• Ok, it's now in the Espruino source - so latest builds (and 1v85) will have it in

• Great I'll try it out when I've climbed out of the hole I'm down with ESP8266WIFI_0v25 chewing up memory.

• @Snerkle is that the latest version you are using? I thought that @tve release a version last week that repairs that!?!?

• He's using the esp8266 as a wifi co-processor with the AT firmware, not to run Espruino...

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Created a module that implements decodeURIComponent, could it be included as a built-in in a future release of espruino?

Posted by Avatar for Snerkle @Snerkle

Actions