You are reading a single comment by @ColinP and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Out of curiosity I flashed the Nordic sniffer software and watched the trace between my phone and Espruino using Wireshark. Outside of the datalink layer that is implemented by the project I linked to there doesn't seem to be a huge amount - the L2CAP "layer" just seems to be 2 bytes of packet saying "This is L2CAP" followed by the GAP "layer?" which is a single byte opcode of 'read','write' etc. I don't particularly fancy reimplementing it - just curious.

I notice the devices continually send a "I have nothing to say" packet between them every few milliseconds when connected and idle. For a low energy protocol this seems like a strange choice.

If I remember correctly, the Nordic SDK has an example of using the radio raw which I think can work with an nRF24. http://dmitry.gr/index.php?r=05.Projects­&proj=11.%20Bluetooth%20LE%20fakery is interesting too - he sends out BTLE advertisements using an nRF24 - I guess similar code would work on nrf51x.

About

Avatar for ColinP @ColinP started