You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I had a quick look and can't see anything on eBay at the moment, short of 'flame sensors' that might work I guess.

Best bet would be to buy one of these and to then unsolder the transmitter part (the light blue LED) and mount it on the other side of the goal.

OR... maybe leave that module as-is and just put a small mirror on the other side of the goal? That'd be nice and easy. All you're trying to do is reflect the light from the IR LED back into the sensor.

Those TRCT devices work using reflection, so on a normal white surface they'll only go to a few cm - however if you point the IR LED right at the sensor, or have something properly reflective like a mirror (aimed correctly) they should work over pretty large distances.

• That one looked the best to be honest so I ordered it. Should be with me on Friday. We will proceed using the mirror on the other side, as it sounds as the most sophisticated way.

Thanks, back to you on Friday! :)

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started