• @DrAzzy ... There is an open issue on hardware support for the ESP8266 SPI which is Issue #606 ... https://github.com/espruino/Espruino/iss­ues/606

There are a bunch of links from there to the available docs and other forum entries. From what I can tell, it appears that one can use a hardware SPI for I/O driving without it affecting the operation of flash ... however, I for one, have not been able to comprehend the documentation to figure out a design that would allow us to include the hardware SPI support in Espruino. This is one of those areas where I had been hoping to engage an SPI skilled ESP8266 resource ... or at the very least, find others who would be willing to collaborate on bit-by-bit comprehension of the story.

• Hmm.... I'm sure that could work in the case of "well behaved" SPI devices, with a CS pin and all that don't care what comes down the MOSI line when CS isn't asserted. But the WS2812's don't have that - I think any shit coming down the MOSI line would (or could) confuse them...

About

Avatar for Kolban @Kolban started