You are reading a single comment by @unknowndomain and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I am also trying to do this for a project quite urgently, I was trying to use Arduino but the example code out there just doesn't work... I really don't know where to start... I have hardly used Espruino before so I am a bit lost...

I managed to get it reading from an SD card dispite the error on the tutorial page, and I am about to try hooking up an Arduino DMX shield to the Esprino...

I bought the SKPang one: http://skpang.co.uk/catalog/arduino-dmx-­shield-p-663.html

I am not really sure what to do next, I guess I will try receiving DMX data, but I am not sure what to do about the so called framing error... I don't really understand how you could possibly deal with that issue...

I could really use some help here...

Basically I am trying to receive DMX data from a industrial DMX board so it could be transmitting up to the full 512 channels, I am hoping I can do some kind of DMX.on('1', function( val ) { //do something } ); type of thing as I am aiming to listen to some channels of data, look up something I have read into memory from an SD card, and then send a RS-485 response back out another USART to another device.

All help greatly appreciated.

About