You are reading a single comment by @DrAzzy and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • @tve are you coordinating with @Kolban? I hope you are, since he's simultaneously doing work to support esp8266... It'd be no fun of you were both doing the same things, or if your work and his work were conflicting.

My feeling (Not sure if Gordon agrees, but I think he's said things to that effect) is that you should pull request often, since there's another person working on that, and Esp on the ESP is not in a release ready state yet anyway, so there's nothing to break

• Since the merge a week when the work @blaz had started was merged into the single Espruino github repository, everything I have been working on since that time has been against an issue (see https://github.com/espruino/Espruino/iss­ues) and when worked upon to a state where it was unit tested and (to the best of my ability) not regressed anything, a pull request was issued against the master waiting for @Gordon to approve and issue a merge. Because I am now working against the Espruino master repository, I have benefited by being able to pull the latest work performed by others and also pushed into the repository.

I'd suggest that what you probably want to do is create an issue for each area you have addressed, merge the code changes for each issue (one at a time) ... and created as many issue specific pull requests as needed. There may already be issues that already exist that you might want to look at to do work against. For example, there is an issue for getting GPIO settings right, an issue for getting the new code formatting correct and others.

I also recommend creating issues even if you aren't ready to work on them immediately. A lot of the issues have notes and comments and design proposals already in them.

About

Avatar for DrAzzy @DrAzzy started