You are reading a single comment by @tve and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • status update:

1. Gordon merged all the good work @aplikatika and @Kolban did into the main repo, yay!
    2. I spend time bringing the esp8266 compilation in-line with other targets and went down a rabbit hole when I tried to enable function inlining as is done for other targets: things ceased to compile using gcc 4.8 but worked for Kolban in windows using gcc 5.1
    3. In the end, by turning link-time optimization on and going through some linker gyrations to deal with iram0/iram1 sections the build worked again for me on linux with gcc 4.8; the link time fun is documented in the Makefile https://github.com/tve/Espruino/blob/mas­ter/Makefile#L1480-L1497
    4. A big issue in all this is that gcc 4.8 uses -std=gnu89 as default and that produces lots of errors, it would be good for Gordon to state which value of -std is intended and which version of gcc needs to be used
    5. I started to create additional esp board targets to distinguish 512KB/1MB/2B/4MB flash sizes, this becomes important for OTA update and to add a SPIFFS filesystem to store data and programs, this is still only in my private fork and not ready yet
    6. Kolban points out that it's important to get SPI, I2C and similar other things to work
About