• @the1laz

it's pretty messy and difficult to work with, since I've already moved on with a prototype board, the shrimp will probably be forgotten...

Sometimes (the - cumbersome - experience with) a '(mini) shrimp' is needed to become 'self-convinced' to actually use either Espruino standard or Pico board! ...and all other tries are interesting but more than a waste of time - and way more than the saved money - in the light of the final goal to achieve...

I'm not even sure if shrimping is really cheaper than standard or Pico Espruino board, because you need 'all the other things' as well... (you can build your own plane for the journey of building a plane, but for journeys of going places, you let other do that...). It is the question of 'what is the core business' I want to be in.

Therefore, it becomes a 'marketing vehicle'... and smartly done, it is not a push-away, but a pull-in. May be a special 'shrimping' conversation on the forum - or even a regular page on the main site (@Gordon?) - could be enough to have the same 'just-buy-an-Espruino-standard-or-Pico-bo­ard-(to-stay-sane) -marketing' effect.

This was by the was a part of having not doubted and delayed a blink of an eye to get a board despite the price as compared to the cheapo-Arduino-things... and I also know what it means to get 1st the hardware done and 2nd the base software reliably working before you can begin to work on what you really want to work on... For many this mindset is a challenge because the out-of-pocket seems to be more tangible than spending countless hours of (not really available personal) time...

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started