• Sounds like - actually IS - a very good plan.

The way I understand is that the IDE transmitts something on that Ctrl-c to Espruino. Instead of making only a Ctrl-c, could it be a button in the IDE? ...and Ctr-c - or later on - any other configurable thing would/could be a short cut? Ctrl-c may have some consequences depending in which environment one is and on what the current focus is.

For now, I would not even have a separate prompt: just the console, because from there a lot is already accessible:

• get and set the value of variables
    • invoke functions
    • ...and do other 'harm' ;-)

Btw, I was thinking that this entering into debug mode should also be something based on a pin changing state (triggered by a pressing a connected button). Actually very simple: it is already there: a setWatch(function(){ debugger },...); in the code does the job and has all the freedom of configurability - even to the point where a applicaiton oriented event can trigger the debugger... - I love Espruino...

Regarding the keyword statment debugger; - it is not shimmable or polyfillable. What about something E.bug();. I was also considering !; 'not' statment... but I have no clue about the ramifications and other potential conflicts arising from that. This are just some ideas.

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started