• ...you are asking a lot...

That's why I often develop on the PC with a clear separation of concerns and emulating the hardware elements... for applications with UI or MI - user and machine interface - I encapsulate the UI and MI and apply the MVP - Model View Presenter - pattern.

I was working on some monitor / testing approach using the aspect oriented programming, but the resources are just a bit tight.

For lower level, Espruino has a trace that allows capturing of what's going on in the interpreter. But I'm not aware of an interactive debugger... (the ugly, dedicated 'console.log' is the candidate... and if the communication is to slow, some stuff has to go pushed into an array which later on dumped...

Since the console accessible while running connected to the IDE, you can setup some interrupt/interval driven loggings to the console - either included in the code or entered in the console.

The above option is used in the IDE testing - more a monitorig - function as available (in BETA) in the IDE. See settings - TESTING. It has really nice functions to get started with monitoring what's going on in the code.

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started